Hoot Background

Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

In Which: Woman's time is discussed...

Ahh Friday- I thought you'd never arrive, you elusive day, you.   So I'm 3 weeks into my commute (well 3 weeks are finished) and this week was the hardest yet.   And really there's so many reasons for that.  I have been staying up entirely too late, I'm PMS-ing a bit, and I'm really trying to understand how to still be myself while I'm at home.

And really, it probably all comes down to the PMS-ing.   I don't think I'm horrible to people when it's that time of the month, but I just really want to curl up in a ball and stay in bed.  Not because of any horribly physical discomfort, but more so because my mood is just so depressed by other people.   So last night, instead of working or even playing around on my blog or on my writing, I slept the entire train rain home, and it was marvelous.   And after that, all I wanted to do was go straight downstairs to my room and just vege without anyone around.  But I got home, and my lovely mom had dinner waiting, my dad was excited because he's always excited when he hears anything about MyCompany on his radio stations, and my little brother had an awesome Junior Year Picture.

Overall, I think I just need to relax a bit.  To chill out.  It is not the end of the world that I am living at home with my parents.  It is not the end of the world, because I could make more money if I wanted.  I could find a better paying job.  But I would sacrifice a great company, a great future in my field, and more importantly my happiness.

Because even on days like yesterday, I'm about 1,000 to 1,000,000,000,000 times happier on a daily basis than I ever was when I was in sales.  And if there's one thing I've determined about myself, is that I cannot do a job that does not make me happy and content.

What do you do, fair readers?  What have you given up to be happier?

Jules-

Meanwhile- the sun is behind a cloud and setting, and it couldn't look more beautiful if it was painted.  Seriously, it looks fake, beams and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment